Friday, October 19, 2012

CHRiST is GOD?


John 10:30, “I and the father are one”…

Was jesus claiming to be one and the same as god in john 10:30? Well, let’s find out if that verse really states the oneness of god and Christ. But wait, why not go back our reading to john 10:27-29 that says,

“My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me. I give them eternal life and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. My father, who has given them tome, is greater than all; no one can snatch them out of my fathers hand.”

Jesus assures us that the sheep given to him by the father will not be snatched from his hand. The same goes with the father, who gave Christ the sheep. Therefore, jesus and the father are one or united in “taking care of the sheep”. This unity of purpose of the father and the son is what Christ emphasized when he uttered the statement “I and the father are one.”

Is this the only explanation about what jesus says that he and the father are one? Lets find it out, lets read john 17:21-22 that says,

“That all of them may be one, father, just as you are in me and I am in you. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.”

 
It is clearly said that “May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me” it is the unity why jesus and god said that they are one.What would be the serious implication if we were to accept the belief that Christ is god simply because he said that he and his father “are one”?

The ones given to Christ by god (the members of his church) would also be gods, because jesus prayed thatthey might be one with them, like what is in john 17:21-22.


John 17:22 “and the glory which you gave me I have given them, that they may be one just as we are one”


Is this also an evidence to prove that Jesus is god? This statement, as you will see, does not in any way teach that Christ is himself the father and vice versa, as how others interpret the verse. Verses 9 and 20 of that chapter inform us that Christ was then praying for the believers or true Christians:

“I pray for them. I do not pray for the world but for those whom you have given me, for they are yours. … I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in me through their world.”


As part of his prayer for the believers, Christ then said to god in verse 22, “that they may be one just we are one”. If we were to accept the interpretation that Christ here was teaching that “he and the father are one and the same,” then, we would also have to accept the absurd and unbiblical conclusion that Christ is praying that all Christians become one and the same when he said, “that they may be one just we are one.”
Without isolating the phrase “we are one” in john 17:22 from its proper context, the message of Christ’s prayer is very clear and does not result in an absurdity:

“…that just as you are in me and I am in you, so they will be in us, and the world will believe you sent me. The glory which you have given me I have given to them, that they may be one, just as we are one; I in them and you in me so that they may be perfected in unity, so that the world may know that you sent me and loved them, even as you have loved me” John 17:21, 22-23

It is clear therefore that the “oneness” being referred to by Christ in his prayer is neither his alleged being “one and the same” with god, nor his supposed being god also as the father is, but his having “unity” with thefather.

Blogger's Conclusion:
      Base on the explanation stated above, the 2 verses (Jn 10:30, Jn 17:22) seems to have false understanding that GOD and CHRiST is ONE. 

more infos? click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment